Whiter Teeth in a Single Visit
While avoiding things like tea, coffee, and tobacco products can help your teeth stay white longer, teeth yellowing will still occur over time. Teeth whitening is a safe and effective method for breathing new life into your smile by erasing teeth stains and restoring your smile’s natural whiteness.
A brighter smile increases confidence and gives your teeth a healthier appearance.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/shallowfordsmiles.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/revupdental/functions.php on line 1371
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/shallowfordsmiles.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/revupdental/functions.php on line 1377
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/shallowfordsmiles.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/revupdental/functions.php on line 1383
I have always had excellent care at Shallowford Smiles. Everyone is very friendly and makes me feel comfortable. They all know what they are doing and are very good at letting me know what they are doing. I appreciate the text reminders of my appointments also. I can highly recommend Shallowford Smiles and Dr. Wilkerson to everyone.
I have severe dental anxiety. This visit almost made me forget I have dental anxiety at all. I have never been more impressed with a dentist or dental office assistant and staff in my entire life. I’m almost looking forward to the upcoming visit and I promise you this, I have NEVER before said that.
Great staff with the highest quality care in Chattanooga. The staff is always welcoming and happy to answer any and all questions. The only time I’ve had to wait in the waiting room was when I was early for my appointment and they were right in time. Even then, the waiting area is very comfortable with a TV, WiFi, complimentary coffee and drink station, and comfortable seating. I’ve had extensive periodontal work done there and the entire experience was top-notch. I wouldn’t recommend any other dental care facility in town over Dr. Brian.
“Why Should I Get a Professional Teeth Whitening?”
We get this question a lot. And, when considering the number of teeth whitening kits sold over the counter, it’s easy to understand why the advantages of in-office teeth whitening aren’t readily apparent. After all, why go spend extra time at the dentist’s office when you can give yourself the same treatment at home?
But the differences between professional and over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments are staggering. The following are only a few of the advantages professional teeth whitening offers over at-home solutions:
- Personalization: Our doctors at Shallowford Smiles create a personalized teeth whitening treatment plan based on your specific oral condition.
- Performed by Experts: We have all the training and specialized tools necessary to perform your teeth whitening the right way, resulting in an even application that looks professional and natural
- Dramatic Improvement: At-home teeth whitening kits often end up leaving teeth with uneven color and underwhelming results. The bleaching solution used in professional teeth whitening treatments is much stronger and more effective, making for dramatic and instantly noticeable results.
- Immediate Results: Only professional teeth whitening yields exceptional results in as little as one hour.
- Even Results: We make sure to apply the whitening bleach uniformly across the teeth, even in those hard-to-reach areas, for even results.
- Comfort: Our whitening process includes the use of a laser to minimize any chance of sensitivity and gum irritation.
Why Do Teeth Become Stained or Discolored?
There are two types of tooth stains: surface stains and deep stains.
Surface stains are the result of certain substances penetrating the outer protective layer of your teeth, known as the enamel. While enamel protects teeth from all sorts of damage, it’s also porous, so it’s vulnerable to discoloration over time.
The following are some of the most common substances that penetrate enamel and stain teeth:
- Dark-colored beverages like tea, coffee, wine, colas, and fruit juices.
- Dark-colored sauces like tomato sauce and soy sauce.
- Sugary beverages and foods.
- Brightly colored fruit like berries, cherries, and pomegranates.
- Tobacco products.
Deep stains often refer not to literal staining, but the process of the enamel wearing away revealing the naturally yellow or gray inner portion of the tooth. This makes teeth appear dull or dingy. Medications, illness, and injury can also discolor the inner portion of your teeth.
The Teeth Whitening Process
Before beginning your teeth whitening procedure, one of our doctors will take the time to discuss the procedure with you to better understand your expectations and how to best achieve them. Once we’ve confirmed that teeth whitening is the best solution for you, we’ll closely examine your mouth to determine the health of your teeth and gums and make sure that teeth whitening is right for you.
During your in-office teeth whitening, we apply a bleaching solution to the teeth using specially designed trays. Once the trays are in place, we use a laser to gently heat the solution, activating oxygen molecules that penetrate the enamel to remove stains. Laser teeth whitening offers immediate results, and helps reduce the risks of tooth sensitivity and gum irritation.
Once we’ve completed your teeth whitening treatment, you will see results within an hour. Most patients only require one visit to achieve their desired result. You may experience some tooth sensitivity after your treatment. To ease tooth sensitivity, we recommend using a soft-bristled brush with sensitive formula toothpaste and consuming room-temperature foods and beverages until the sensitivity subsides.
Contact us today
to schedule an initial consultation & exam.
Your consultation will include an examination of everything from your teeth, gums and soft tissues to the shape and condition of your bite. Generally, we want to see how your whole mouth looks and functions. Before we plan your treatment we want to know everything about the health and aesthetic of your smile, and, most importantly, what you want to achieve so we can help you get there.
The Cost of Teeth Whitening in Chattanooga
We offer two options for a teeth whitening treatment, ranging from $300 to $800.
In-office Tooth Whitening
- Performed by experienced dental professionals
- Super accurate, reduces gum irritation and tooth sensitivity
- In the office, we are able to use stronger, more effective whitening agents.
- The fastest whitening option.
Take-Home Tooth Whitening Kit
- Under the care and guidance of professionals, we are able to dispense whitening agents which are more effective than the drugstore brand.
- Noticeably whiter teeth in weeks, not months.
- Custom-made trays are easy to apply, reduce the risk of gum irritation and result in an even application of the whitening agent.
If you have further questions or concerns or if you’re looking for a more accurate quote, feel free to call our dental practice in Chattanooga or request an appointment online today.
Your mouth is one of the most important investments that you can make in yourself. Many of our patients find it easier to break up the investment in their mouth into monthly payments. As such we work with Care Credit and Alphaeon to help. There are options ranging from 0% interest for 6 months, up to 60-month terms.